Prophetic Biography (Seerah)
"Certainly, there is an excellent example for you in the Messenger of Allah, for him who looks forward to Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah much." [Qur’an 33:21]
The Seerah (Prophetic Biography) course is designed to acquaint students with the life and noble teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him and his family) with its primary and secondary sources. Students will trace the life history of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him and his family) in Mecca from the days before the advent of Islam; known as the time of ignorance, to the different phases of revelation and prophethood.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
For overview of all the subjects and courses we teach, please visit our Curriculum page
- Have comprehensive knowledge about the Prophet’s lineage, his birth, his early life, and the methods he adopted in his Da‘wah (Islamic call) at the beginning of his mission;
- Understand his way of dealing with various matters;
- Know about the miracles of the Prophet;
- Know about the lives of the companions; and
- Know the authentic citations of the Prophet in order to distinguish them from those that are inauthentic.