It’s Back!!! We are very excited to present our weekend online course on Islamic Economics with Ustadh Yahya Alshamy. This course is an introduction to understanding the dynamics of an ethical economy as organized by Islamic rules, regulations, and jurisprudential guidelines.
The session will be on May21st and May22nd. Sessions will run 10-5pm EST!
Students will learn how an Islamic economy enables people to provide revenue for themselves and how it supplies the state with a revenue sufficient for public services, enriching both the people and the state. They will be exposed to concepts like Zakat, Baitul Maal, Riba, and more. The text covered in this class will be The Economic System in Islam.
- – Obtain a reliable overview of the essential institutions, rules, and procedures prescribed in Islamic jurisprudence
- – Understand the different forms of legitimate property ownership in Islamic jurisprudence
- – Understand the venues for revenue and expenditure in an ethical government
- – Apply economic analysis to understand the causes of underdevelopment in Muslim countries today
- – Obtain a broad overview of the debates concerning Islamic finance and integration to global markets
- – What is Islamic Economics, and what makes it different?
- – What is the theory of private and public property in Islam?
- – How would a state governed by Islamic ethics collect its revenue?
- – What is the role of Zakat in maintaining public services?
- – What are Usury and Riba, and what are the different approaches towards dealing with the Riba dilemma?
- – The Economic System in Islam by Taqiuddin An-Nabhani
- – Economic Teachings of The Prophet Muhammad by M. A. Khan
- – Islamic Economics by M. A. Khan